Monday 18 April 2016

Haircuts

I usually get my hair cut every six to eight weeks as it annoys after that, the sides gets boffy and I feel that I need it cut. I did delay getting it cut for seven weeks and made an appointment just before leaving on our trip as then I wasn't going to have to worry about it for a few weeks at least.

However, all plans can go belly up and the lady who has been cutting my hair for the last year, had an accident and couldn't put her foot to the ground. As she works on her own from home, it meant that I couldn't have my hair cut as scheduled.

Seven weeks grew to ten weeks and when we were in Mt Gambier, Warren and I did a walk in to a hairdresser, we had to wait for a spot so we had coffee while we waited. His was done first and he paid the bill before going book shopping. Warren asked me after how much did I usually pay to which I replied $20, he had paid $75 for both, $25 for his and $50 for mine.

Next haircut was in Perth and that was $40 for mine and $27 for Warren's, this time not at the same place, he went to a barber.

As we have been at the pool each day and longer hair is annoying after swimming, I arranged to get a hair cut this morning. Allowed more time to get there than I needed so we were thirty minutes early but the guy didnt have any other customers so he did it then. He is/was a Kiwi, although he has been in Broome for thirty years, says that it still wasn't long enough to be classed as a local. Nice cut and pretty quick and $55!


No comments:

Post a Comment