Monday 2 February 2015

How $40 puts a smile on Warrens dial.

A few weeks ago Warren was commenting on the leaves and grass that had blown in under our patio. He said to me that we ally need a blower. I nodded in agreement thinking that a broom and a hose is much cheaper than spending a couple of hundred dollars on a blower.

We had quite a few jobs to do last week with Bunnings being the last port of call, I like to organize my "errands" in an orderly fashion. There was a visit to the libary, go to travel agent, pick up a postal pack at PO, drop into Harris Scarfs as there was something in their catalogue that I wanted to check out and Bunnings. By doing them in that order we could drive one way and then be closer to home. Warren didnt need to come except for the morning tea at Bunnings and hes pretty handy to carry things.

When we got to Bunnings, I went one way to the cafe and he went to pick up the couple of things that he needed to finish a job at home. I walked past a special would you believe it was a Blower/Vac for outside on sale for $39.90. As the shelving that we bought at HS was less than in their catalogue, I told Warren about the blower. He was a bit "oh, do we really need it?' I said its $40! will you use it?

It was hot when we got home so he stripped off and proceeded to put his blower together. While I was preparing lunch he appeared with his new (dare i say it?) toy. The patio is clear of leaves!  



No comments:

Post a Comment