Monday 16 February 2015

Finally!

Some years ago I bought wall paper when we were working in China. Warren said that while he liked it he didn't want a whole wall so we compromised, I could buy it and he would put it into frames to hang on the wall. I could live with that. This was several years ago, he had said he would do it while I finished my time in China and he was back home, giving him four months to complete (give him something to do he said)

While decluttering late last  year we unearthed this roll of wall paper and Warren asked what did I want to do with it, I told him that I was still waiting for him to frame and hang it. I think he was hoping I would say to chuck it out.

Coming into the six weeks of holidays, I asked him to do two things, one was to hang candles holders that he had bought for the outside patio, he had bought them three or four weeks before and they were still sitting on the outside table. The second was to frame and hang my wall paper.

The morning after my request, the drill was going and candles holders were in place before morning tea, one down and it was only the middle of December. Bonus!

A couple of days later he was out buying the Christmas present that he had been assigned to purchase and he came with mirrors. Mirrors? why do we want mirrors and three of them? "Haha!" he said "I am going to turn them into frames as frames were three times the price."

He cut the paper to fit and then need to glue onto the back of the frames.

Yesterday they were hung! In the dining room. A piece has been used in the caravan as well on a cupboard that Warren made where the oven had been. The mirrors were placed on the wardrobe doors in the spare bedrooms so they didnt go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment