Saturday 11 October 2014

Cook up

I had already planned to make a pizza for lunch and while I was refilling our cereal container I read a recipe on the back for biscuits which sounded interesting plus I had everything that was needed. I could make them while the oven was on.

One thing lead to another and now I have the crock pot on with dinner cooking, a recipe from a blog that I follow call My Abundant life, a woman who feeds her family of four, Mum,dad and two teenage daughters, on less than $100 a week. As I don't really follow recipes, it will only loosely resemble hers. Should get dinner and a couple of lunches for the freezer.

I made the biscuits first, cut down on sugar and the cereal other than that, the recipe is the same! supposed to make 14 or 15, I got 21 and would make them smaller next time. I like  biscuit with my coffee but two to three bites would be enough, so I imagine that I could get about 30 by going smaller.

I had used half a tin of tomatoes earlier in the week and wanted to use the rest too much for the pizza so I made a made loaf again loosely based on a recipe from My Abundant Life, I made one of these to take away last week in the caravan and it was good, can heat it or have it cold with salad.

I made the pizza base with half SR flour and half gluten free, the GF had "bits" in it which we like. I make our pizzas in a quiche tray and then its finished in one meal rather than the pizza tray which is too much but not enough for another meal. I had some seafood mix which I added and corn topped cheese, basil and parsley and tomato slices.

So biscuits are made and put away some in the freezer, pizza made and eaten, bonus was time to clean up kitchen and pack the dishwasher while it was cooking, meat loaves are using the last of the heat in the oven and dinner is on the way. I am about to head to the sewing room and see what else I can make in there. This weekend is Bathurst!!!! so there will be the sounds of cars for most of the weekend and the TV stuck on one channel, not that I mind really its only one weekend in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment