Sunday 5 March 2017

Placemats

I saw an idea the other day and thought was a great idea that is. This morning I acted upon it and made place mats for Maggie Two.

Again I had everything to make them as I had bought the teal silk fabric to make something else but hadn't gotten around to it. The stiffest and the colour suited this project well. The beige linen was an off cut of something I had made long ago and kept because it was a decent size. Now it has been made into pockets and serviettes.

I didnt add any lining to the inside as I wanted to be able to roll them and also want them dry reasonably quickly after washing. 

A quick little project that took less than an hour to do with no pattern, I used an existing place mat for the size, I didnt even hem the serviettes!


No comments:

Post a Comment