Saturday 4 March 2017

Knobs vs levers

We were watching QI at lunch and there was an interesting topic broached. The question was "What was deemed illegal in Canada in 2014" I think it was 2014 I know that it seemed very recent.

The answer was door knobs, strange as it may seem. Now, I got to thinking about this and I do not recall being in any house that does not have door knobs. Anyway they continued talking about it and it is because door levers are easy for people to open. Apparently some people were up in arms about it because they said that they did not have any people who were infirm who would live in the house but the law was passed.

Surprisingly in Colorado house can not have levers, the reason being?       drum roll, because of bears and other animals can open door levers.

How is that for a bit of trivia? Now I will be taking note at peoples homes to see if they have knobs or levers.

No comments:

Post a Comment