Tuesday 24 January 2017

Stuffed Peppers

I had taken out two lots of mince for dinner a couple of nights, I intended to make a big lasagne eat some and freeze the rest. Warren suggested we go out for dinner, how could I refuse? No cooking no dishes so sure we'll go for dinner.

While chatting over dinner i told him what I had planned to make for dinner and he told me that he wasnt real fond of it. What? I must admit he is very good and will eat pretty much what i dish up so when he said that I thought that I would not go ahead with the lasagne.

However, there were still two meals of mince unfrozen to be used up. I made hamburgers the following night and then when I went shopping, still with no idea what to turn the second lot of mince into a meal. a solution came in the form of large and cheap peppers/capsicums.

I dont know what I paid but they were $3.99 a kilo and I bought two, often they are up as high as $8.99 a kilo.

I added some bbq sauce, an egg and some peas and after de seeding the caps, stuffed the mince mixture into them. Fifteen minutes in the oven and they were cooked. A slice of cheese of top to melt A salad and another easy meal hits the plate.

I always fine that capsicum when it is cooked becomes quite sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment