Wednesday 18 January 2017

More Tennis

Got to love Summer in Australia (that's if you are a sports fan, many people would say that one is not a true ozzie if you don't love sports)

Last week was the competitions in Sydney and Monday the Australia Open started so we will have tennis for another two weeks.

I turned on the TV mid morning on Monday just to hear some tennis and there was one of our 17 year old giving a pretty good account of himself so I sat down to watch. I knit while watching so at least i can justify that I am doing something. Anyhow that game went to five sets and he finally won it but boy oh boy was he tired at the end. Another 17 year old also got thru to the second round but the 16 year old got beaten, she was playing a top ten player but did take it to three sets so she should have been proud of herself.

Such a lot of young Aussie players coming through that I had not heard of before but it seems they have done well at junior level and are now going to the next level.

I try to get what I need to to do done so that I can sit and watch and then after each set I get up and do something. I was doing some sewing yesterday in between sets, almost got it finished, will finish it this morning before tennis starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment