Monday 9 January 2017

Kings Park Perth

What a massive park this is! I forget how many acres it is but it is acreage and just a ten minute walk from our hotel, well that's what the taxi driver told us but I dont think I would have wanted to walk there. We had been out to the boat ramp area and walked some of the way back then got an Uber car to drive us to kings Park.

I didnt ever think I would take an Uber but it just worked at the time. We were going to get a bus and walked to a bus stop only to realise that we were at the wrong one and so walked back again, that when Uber came into play. A driver and car picked us up in five minutes, there had no been any taxis at all in the area, he drove us straight to Kings Park, chatting about changes to Perth in the last few years. He was very knowledge and it was like having our own personal guide.


Lots of people having picnics and just enjoying the scenery.


This was a tree that looked odd. When we went closer and read the plaque, we found out why. It was one of the oldest trees in the Perth area and it had been transported there in 2012 to preserve it. It reminded me of seeing trees transported and then replanted in China. It was very successful there, I didnt know that we did it here but it seemed to have also been a success.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment