Thursday 1 September 2016

Hooked Up

While watching Ellen yesterday during lunch, Rianna explained to everyone there were different types of "hooking up".

Well, my hooking up had nothing to do with her version of a hook up.

I went to the Drs the other to renew my script and he sent me to the treatment room for my  check. I freak out enough about having it done without being bundled off elsewhere and hurried through it. Anyway my Blood Pressure was of course was up which I knew it would be and the Dr suggested that I have a 24 hour monitor on due to my severe "white coat syndrome".

Me being the type of person I am (head in the sand) I sat on the referral for a week before doing anything about i,t then when I rang I had to wait a week. Anyway yesterday was the first available time and I took that.

So much for being easier! My appointment was 10am, and once the paperwork was done, the woman took my BP on both arms. It was lower than two weeks ago. Then she fitted me with the monitor and told me that it would go off every half hour. It was as painful as usual but I was able to time it and then knew that it was only going to last about 40 seconds from whoa to go, seems an eternity in the drs chair. There was a night setting and from 10 pm until 6 am it only did it every hour.

The main hassle which makes me uptight, is that it is painful and I hate having it done.

Anyway,  I could see that once at home it was at a more normal setting even though it still hurt. I drove myself to the exit appointment and now have several bruises on my upper arm where the cuff was.

I doubted that I would be able to sleep with a large cuff on my arm and a big boxy thing sitting on my chest, bigger than a camera or a phone, but surprising I did sleep quite well.

Warren tells me that it doesnt hurt him (when he has his checked) and so i have come to the conclusion that having bigger arms (FAT) may cause it to hurt. I have six to twelve months to get my arms smaller to test out my theory. .I must look out my rm weights!

No comments:

Post a Comment