Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Enchanted Wood

Aidan and I visited this tree a few days ago and although I took a photo, with my phone,  with him in front of it, it didn't turn out the best so I took Warren back to it last week and used my camera.

It is certainly a massive tree as I was standing on the road side to get as much as possible of it in the screen.

There is a fence around iy with an entrance on the other side so that people can actually go and walk around it. I would say that the base would be several metres around.

I meet some new people a couple of days later and I was talking about seeing this particular tree and apparently the people who lived in the area fought long and hard to keep the tree. Many of them had been cut down to make way for housing and luckily this one was saved. It is a fig tree and would be at least a hundred years old, it is not too far from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment