Friday 30 September 2016

kayaking

Finally we got to try out our new kayaks. Last week it rained and was very windy and the place we had selected to go has limited the usage of the lake.

Non powered vessels from Sunday to Wednesday and motorised Thursday Friday and Saturday.It doe mean that people need to be aware and plan but at least there is no speed boat zooming past when one is enjoying the peace and quiet.
It was a very warm day, we took Lucy and I had a sudden though, wondering if dogs were allowed. I didnt see a sign as we drove in so all good.
Opps later on we did see a sign with dogs and cats with a cross through them so Lucy will have to stay home next time.We put her on a long lead and one of us was with her the whole time. Actually the area where we were, we had to ourselves.  I drive past this lake each time I go to work but had not ventured in before.
The "boats" ready to launch.
They are quite easy to paddle, I didn't spend a long time out as it was the first time in about four years. Sunscreen and long sleeves were the flavour of the day, I also wore long light pants but didnt realise that my ankles were exposed to the sun, didn't get sunburnt but need to think of that for next time.

Warren didn't set out to be colour co-ordinated but he couldn't have matched better if he had tried!




No comments:

Post a Comment