Friday 9 September 2016

Fifteen minutes

Its the end of the week and the house looks as though it needs a through tidying and cleaning. I guess I haven't done too much during the week. These days the though of cleaning non stop doesn't thrill me at all so I am going to adopt the fifteen minute rule.

I have done two lots already this morning and I am now on a break. I set the timer on the oven for fifteen minutes then I spent that time on a particular task or in one area. The two that I have done this morning have been our bedroom and now the bed is made, room tidied and any clothes picked up and put away. The second one was folding and putting away yesterday washing.

Warren empties the dishwasher while he gets breakfast but there always seems to be some things to put away so that will be the next fifteen minutes.

I have some sewing that i want to do but that will have to wait until the house is organised but that shouldn't be too long.

It is amazing what can be achieved in the fifteen minutes and because there is a time limit, it does seem to be such a drag. Probably only a way of tricking the brain that one is not doing too much but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment