Tuesday 12 May 2015

Silk Market

I needed an excuse to go here in Hangzhou (not really as I was going anyway.) This was my sanity break when I would take myself off to away from everything else. Good for gifts and just a nice pleasant walk in a shaded area for two blocks.

Hangzhou is an hour trip on the bus and then a short walk to a subway train station to be delivered into the main part of the city. The subway was only completed about four years ago, very uncomplicated.

We got out of the subway and then walked it is about a 30 minute walk to silk street, on the way we saw a hotdog place, called Top Banana (they only sold hot dogs, no bananas on the menu)this was new so we decided to try it out for lunch.

High tables and chairs, it was nice to sit eat and chat.
The colour on my camera was a bit weird at the time. I wasn't 
keen on the "potato" balls that came with the hot dog  but that was good.
 
Ahhh! one of my favourite places, the silk market. Over the years I have bought slippers, fabric, scarves nightwear and a back pack that is leather and has a woven silk picture on the back.
This is some of what I bought.
I bought 20 of assorted scarves and gave the girls at work a choice, I have about five left, I will either keep them for gifts or use them myself, I do have about ten that I do use already some I bought and some have been given to me. I also bought two square scarves the same and I am hoping to make a top from them. The above are long and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment