Friday 22 May 2015

Shanghai

Going back to China, one of the must dos was to go to Shanghai. I don't really like big cities that much but I must admit that Shanghai is my favourite city and I am not sure why. Maybe because when we were living in China it was the place to go and just be one of the crowd. I know where things are that I want and how to get there.What ever the reason, a trip to Shanghai was a must.

We travelled up by train, great way to get around in China, trains are comfortable, run on time and relatively cheap. Less than two hours and we arrived then it was a short trip on the subway, the cards that we bought over two years ago still operated so just a touch of the card opened the gates. Subway trains come every few minutes and our hotel was straight across from the subway station.
Most hotel rooms offer double rooms with two double beds.
We walked from the centre of Shanghai to The Bund checking out the book store on the way. Over the years I had spent a lot of money there, the books used to be reasonably cheap and many times I took a trip to Shanghai with an empty back pack and went back with it full of books. Now though prices had caught up and I didn't see any books under 100RMB ($20) just as well as my luggage probably couldnt have held it. Just for old times sakes we did buy a couple of Beijing Reviews.

 Ahh The Bund and the Shanghai skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment