Saturday 30 May 2015

Bombay Bliss

I cook from scratch most nights but sometimes just don't feel like it so Wednesday night I said to Warren "We are going out for dinner tomorrow night. You pick the venue!" thinking that he would say the local club.

Didnt really bother me where we were going as long as I had a night off cooking. Not that fond of take away, prefer a sit down meal away from home.

He pondered for awhile and said that he felt like a goat curry. That meant Indian and we have two choices within 5-6ms. He chose the Bombay Bliss.

True to form, he did not waver from his goat curry but I looked at most things on the menu, there is a lot to look at and decided on a vegetarian curry because it had egg plant in it. Unfortunately my egg plant bush died, probably through lack of water as it was around the side of the house and therefore out of sight, I must plant another in plain sight of the back door.

We ordered and sat back to chat about our day when the waitress came over and said that they could not make my egg plant curry as they had no egg plant left and neither did the supermarket. The restaurant is two doors down from the supermarket. She had brought over the menu for me to choose something else and then asked if I liked cauliflower as they could make the same curry using cauliflower instead. I said to her "That sounds good" and it tasted good too when it came. I remarked to Warren that it showed that they do make it fresh.

Very nice meal, we tried some of each others dishes and couldn't finish it all. Paid the bill and left. Driving away I said to Warren its nice to go out and eat and then even nicer to just get up and leave, no dishes, no kitchen to tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment