Thursday 10 August 2017

Ticks!

Horrible things they are. Lucy and I went out yesterday and walked around the waterways. I was meeting Warren and his tennis friends for lunch. I was early so I went to a park and picked up a cache, one I had tried for before, I must have had better eyes because it was a very quick find and I was still early for lunch.

I had a couple of caches in mind to get on the way home but the first one we couldnt get as there was a big ripper working in the area right where we wanted to go. Not sure if there is a new road going to go through there. The ripper blades was about four metres across and we could see large trees and logs that it had already knocked down.

Next one was a walk into bush for about 80 metres along a bush path, it looked like motorbikes had been going through. Again it was a quick find. Last night I felt an itch on my upper leg, when I looked at it, I could see little legs! Omg, it was a tick!

Warren wasnt home and I didnt really know what to do about it. Welcome Dr Google. Apparently a pair of tweezers are required, grab as close to the head as possible and pull straight out. A couple if pulls and out it came. Then some anticseptic on the area ans all is good. I jumped in the shower and stood under the hot water for awhile as well. A small red spot is all that can be seen now and apparently no longer damage provided it is all removed.

Cant beleive that I got a tick in such a short time in the bush but something to be aware of all the time not just summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment