Sunday 14 June 2015

My Room Renovation/make over

I read a magazine a few weeks ago and it showed a sewing room make over. I loved the idea and it stayed in my mind for awhile as I mulled it over. Finally I thought to myself, I really love that and I could do it without too much hassle, cost or too much effort on Warren's part.

I do sew a lot but sometimes I know I put off going into the sewing room because it is so messy.
Messy messy messy!

I love a good challenge, I also set myself a budget of $250. There is a stain on the carpet, a towel at one stage was used to mop up rain/water that came in through the sky light then colour leeched out of towel onto the carpet. 
New carpet of carpet squares? Humm there goes the budget so no new carpet.
First thing to do was to tidy, cupboard had to go and also the steel cabinet.
This cupboard replaced it, two solid drawers at the bottom now hold any important papers that we need to keep. Cost of cupboard was $119 and the cloth drawers were $5 each solid ones were $15, $209 out of my budget, but what a difference it makes.
Well, at least one side looks alright. A couple of hours of work resulted in this.
No more table to dump stuff on. Nothing wrong with the curtains except they were too full and kept out light so I re fashioned them. Warren put up the clock that I had brought back from China, he also put up the double curtain rods and the peg board which is behind the sewing machine on the wall.
Since the photo was taken I have a shelf on the top of the peg board with some small baskets holding cottons and ribbons and the iron.

Why did I not do this years ago?



No comments:

Post a Comment