Monday 11 August 2014

Footy is supposed to be a winter sport isn't?

We had tickets to the footy yesterday and it was an early game so we left home around 10.30am to catch the train and bus. It was coolish and so I wore a T shirt and a jacket. We got to our seats which were ten rows back from the fence and boy was it hot in the sun. I didn't want to take my jacket off as I knew that I would get sun burnt.

We put up with it (the sun and the heat) for one quarter and then moved back to the back row which was in the shade. Then i needed my jacket on to ward off the breeze, I felt sorry for the players.

After we moved we were closer to the interchange and it was interesting to see how often they were changing, although now there is a limit and i think it is 175 for the game. As the players came off, ice towels were put over their shoulders and given drinks, most were back on within five minutes.

A nasty incident happened and they needed to stretcher one of the players off, they are hoping that he has only strained his neck but they were very careful how they got him onto the stretcher and took him fro the ground. He had the ball and ducked his head as another player ran over to tackle him. As normal, he got a standing ovation when he left.

We left early as Adelaide was twelve goals in front at three quarter time, I think they went on to win by 163 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment