Thursday 11 April 2024

Boorowa

 Just 40 minutes from Yass, it was a lunch time stop. First was the court house which was right alongside of the police station.




There was an art gallery and cafe on the other side. We were venturing further down the road though.
I ordered lunch while Warren found a spot outside in the sun. I told the girl where we were and continued on.

I needed to find this old shop and discover the word written above the left hand door. It was after pay, wrong! Whoops there was another door. Welcome! Wrong again, then I wondered if it was above and yep, there it was, men's on left and boys on right with outfitter above the door, done in stained glass. Photo does not do it justice.

On to the war memorial

Beautiful entry with a clock in the tower, instead of numbers, it had ANZAC written above and below.

I turned to go back for lunch, the sun went under a cloud and the temp dropped considerably 200 metres away our lunch was being delivered and so was the rain when I got there. We had to quickly move everything to the verandah to avoid getting wet.


These painted sheep were near the court house. I counted six cafes in the main street, amazing that they can all survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment