Sunday 12 April 2020

The Post

I wanted to watch a movie yesterday and after we all had a snooze, I found this movie starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. I didn't know anything about it but with those two featuring, it should have been good.

It was and apparently was based on a true story.

The Post is the Washington Post a newspaper which at the time was owned by a family but they were looking to float it on the stock market so that it could continue.

Throw in the Vietnam war and some high flying government officials who were more interested in protecting their own butts and lifestyle and that makes for a great movie.

Judging by how the two main after a look I don't think it was a very old movie. With no ads and an intriguing story, I didn't get much crocheting done but that was the only drawback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment