Thursday 9 April 2020

Cookie making

Since the lock down Warren has of course not been out playing his sports. Between us we are walking Lucy, sometimes she gets two walks a day.

We are finding that, well this is my theory, Warren's tolerance of gluten is becoming less, in other words getting worse.

He had had cereal for breakfast for years usually museli but has had to give that away. Soy milk was another thing that he has stopped having. Yesterday after shopping, we had a small hot cross bun each and sure enough, he came down with a headache, not as bad as he used to get but bad enough.

So no flour things for him. On my facebook, there was a recipe for keto cookies so as I felt sorry for Warren, I decide to make some for him.

So easy only four ingredients but I did add some lemon zest as I have it, fresh off the tree.
Just 2 tbsp of butter, same of sugar, beat together with vanilla add about half a cup of almond flour/meal til it looks like bread crumbs. Roll into small balls and push down with a fork. As we "count" carbs, they are only .4gms of carbs. We have two each then I sandwiched the rest with a spoonful of cream cheese, squeeze of lemon juice and some fake sugar.

I baked them at 150 degrees in a fan forced oven for about eight minutes.
These are now in the fridge and will be our afternoon tea for the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that recipe. I'd love to try making some. If you bake them, would you please let me know what temperature and for how long you do them? Thank you. I'm hoping to use up some of the almond meal that I have in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete