Thursday 4 January 2018

Rum Balls Chinese style

I made rum balls to take to classes so the kids had someting else to eat and try besides sandwiches. I had made these before so knew I could similar ingredients to make them. They were very basic but had the taste and texture.

First I had to source the fruit and yes, able to buy sultanas, not mixed dried fruit, little school supermaket had condensed milk in tubes but there were some tins which I thought was condensed milk, it had a panda on the outside. I opened it and yes! It was condensed milk. Warren had Australian oats bought here for breakfast so that was it oats sultanas and condensed milk with a little bit of coffee for flavour. Rolled in sugar. Not a drop of rum anywhere.
I got out container to put them in and realised they were not big enough. Warren suggested tge coffee boxes. We keep them just in case they could be used for something and they could. Used a plastic sleeve to line the bottom and they were good to go. I am never sure how many will turn up but I allow for 12 to 15 each class, I preped 24 for each class, some had two and there were a few to bring home again, luckily for Warren. We finished the last tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment