Monday 12 December 2016

Turning hamburgers in sausage rolls

A friend was talking about sausage rolls the other day and I thought to myself that I had made any in awhile. Didnt think any more about it until I was shopping and there were hamburgers marked down to $2 for four large ones. Ah! i thought sausage rolls. I got the pastry out to thaw while I put the groceries away and then broke up the meat, added some herbs and some sauces and proceed to make sausage rolls.


They were ready about morning tea time so I made coffee and put two on a plate to go outside. Lucy was hovering so I told her that she could have a little one and I put that on the plate as well, a little way away as I was worried that it may have been too hot for her.

Warren was mowing the lawn and I loaded up his cup on the plate and grabbed mine, luckily the screen was open. I put the plate and cup down on the coffee table, that one that Warren made, outside and turned back to close the door.

As I turned back to the table, Lucy was leaving the table with her sausage roll neatly in her mouth. She did look guilty though.

What could I say? I had told her it was that one was hers so I didnt rouse on her and although we had been told from the foster lady (who had only had her for a week) that she was a bit of a thief, she had not stolen anything from the kitchen or bench before.

The rest of the rolls are in the freezer to be brought for lunch or snacks on a day that I dont feel like cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment