Sunday 24 January 2016

What to do when a computer dies.

I used the lap top last night, checked emails and wrote up my blog before turning it off to cook dinner, yep, even we are on holiday some one still needs to cook! After setting it aside and getting up, I asked Warren if he wanted it to check out what there was to do in Warrnambool. Agreeing to do that, I passed it over to him.

He couldn't get it to connect to the internet, it appeared to be stuffed/broken/def not working. We checked our internet device was on, yep that was working, tablet was working off that, still no lap top.

This lap top has been a real work horse, we bought it second hand in China for not much money, it has been back and forth there several times, it has been to work with me so in my off times, I could continue writing my book, it has been used to write six novels (and they were still on it!)been on several camping and caravans trips and never missed a beat. I think we have had it about seven years. Warren tried to reset it and then realised that no wifi was showing up.

He went to the help thingy and it said "Ensure that your internet switch is turned on" what! theres an internet switch!. He turned it upside down and checked all around the edges and sure enough there was a small button. Seven years and we had not known that. We assume that by changing hands, one of us brushed the button and turned it off.

As this one is classed as my laptop, it was a relief to realise that it has not died and thankfully is still going strong as long as it is turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment