Monday 25 January 2016

A Fixing Day.

Warren was invited to see Andrew's place of work today (well, actually we were both invited but I thought it was more a boys thing so I stayed back). They had a couple of hours going through helicopters and stuff.

He came home and decided to fix things. The drip tray in the fridge falls out when we are travelling so he took it apart and glued it in place then he adjusted the broom rack so that stays in place. I thought I had better do something and so I mended my cardigan, it has had a small hole in it for some months, always intended to fix it but only thought about it when I wanted to wear it. When I packed it to bring (its black so will go with everything)I noticed that there was a second hole.I had bought a small sewing kit to bring along so I darned the holes, not the best looking darns but at least I cant see daylight through it anymore.

After a day of doing not much, we took a walk on the beach, after putting on jumpers, hard to believe that we are in the middle of summer.
The water was cold, there were people out in the water and this guy.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so relaxing :) You've had a productive time there. It will be good not to have bits falling off when you're driving along........I found my mum's old darning 'mushroom' today. What wonderful gadgets.

    ReplyDelete