Wednesday 17 September 2014

I have a clever car

so my seven year old grandson tells me. I was driving him home from school last week and we turned off the main road and he remarked, "How does your car know that it can turn the corner Nana, it must be very clever"
"Yes" I agreed being a bit distracted and wondering what he was talking about.
He went on to say "If there's a car coming does the light shine red?"
My brain is scrambling to think what is he on about, suddenly like a light bulb it hits me, from his car seat he can see the indicator light and it is green.

 When he was three I taught him that we couldn't drive on until the light was green (his favourite colour!) Of course he has put two and two together and came up with five. I had to explain that it was me pushing the lever down for right and up for left which makes the light go on and no its doesn't change colour if other cars are coming, The person driving just had to watch for cars and go when it was safe.

I explained that there were also lights on the outside of the car for people to see and know what I/we were doing, I had to show him once we got home.

I think he was a bit disappointed to learn that the car wasn't as clever as he thought, maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment