Sunday 27 August 2023

Airports

 Got to love 'em.

We left our air bnb early even though we were supposedly 12 minutes away but we had to fill the car with fuel, take it back to the depot and wait for a shuttle to take us to the airport.

I guess we arrived around 7.30am, flight was at 10.05. Breakfast!

Some place had coffee and a muffin for $8.50, pretty reasonable for airport food. I wondered if there was a cache or two, I can live in hope.

Ha, an adventure lab, a virtual and a letterbox all within walking distance. Nearly stuffed up the virtual even though it was easy, take a photo of the Melbourne sign. Yep we saw one at the International and grabbed a photo there then I realised that we were 90 metres away so had to find the correct one. 

Time to go through customs, no dramas as Warren had a backpack and I had a small suitcase and my tote bag. No need to take tablets out of the bag but we both had to take off our jackets and Warren had remove his belt but he could carry it through. We had to go through the body scan, I was asked to step aside. I was not wearing the bra with the zip nor was I wearing the pants that had zipped pockets. Apparently something triggered on my left side near the pocket, a quick pat down and I was free to go.

Watching our luggage come through and my case gets deverted and goes to the right instead of coming straight down. I was told it had to go through the detection device again and then a second time. After the third time, they scanned something in the tray that my bag was in and then said I was right to go.

I was expecting to have to open it and display everything that was in it. I did take my crocheting, going down that was in my tote bag. It was a mystery but there were quite a few other people's stuff that had to be scanned again.

No comments:

Post a Comment