Monday 17 April 2023

Tarcutta

 We called in here today as Warren needed a loo stop and a break, the highway just goes on and on with no towns. 

I looked on the geocaching GPS that Tarcutta was coming up but we had to take a detour. Tarcutta has always been a cute little town and it's a shame that the highway bypasses it now.

It is almost exactly half way between Sydney and Melbourne and is a truck exchange, trucks drive here from either place, drop their trailers and return, other drivers connect up the trailers and go back.

Years ago when Warren was doing his basic Army training, I was in Junee with the boys and I took a drive, ended up in Tarcutta. There was a Farmhouse Industries shop which had a very cute crochet vest suitable for older son almost three. I asked if I get one made for younger 10 months old. Yes, I could in a couple of weeks. The items were made by local women and sold. I don't remember how I got the second one but the boys got a lot of use out of them and of course they were passed down.

Happy to see that little shop is still going strong. There was a virtual in town too, just a photo in front of the 1928 memorial Hall.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment