Tuesday 21 March 2023

Tote bag

 Last year when we were in Alice Springs, I bought a couple of pieces of indigenous fabric without a plan of what to make with them. They were pre cut and measured 120cms by 50cms.

Coming back from Norfolk Island I saw a lady on the plane with a bag which has two colours and I thought that looked great.

I didn't have a pattern but just drew it on a couple of pieces of computer paper. I bought feet and magnetic buttons for closing.

I used another yellow for the lining and added some pockets for keys and phone in the darker yellow.

The bottom has been reinforced and has the feet attached so that it doesn't have to rest on the ground or floor.

I had not used the button magnetic before and there were no instructions but they had two pins out either side, which I found rather strange. I did the top and measured the middle to make sure they were directly opposite. When I tested them, there didn't seem to be a very good contact, it was there but not strong. I decided to take them out because of that and the extra pins make it look untidy. Well, to my surprise, they came apart! It was actually two pairs of magnetic buttons and once I had taken the second off, they closed how I had expected them to do so.

It's turned out bigger than I expected as well but that's okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment