Friday 3 March 2023

NI shops

 Little island in the middle of nowhere. Fifteen hundred KMs from Brisbane and about the same from the north coast of New Zealand. One main road through town, plenty of places to eat as one would expect when the only industry is tourism now.

There were several dress shops and jewellery stores with reasonable prices, I was told. I didn't venture in as I had no intention of buying anything so I didn't go in. There was however two chocolate making stores and we did buy some tasty chocolate from them, a good price.

I did see a running singlet that would be good for Warren to run in so we went in there, ended up buying a singlet of him and a good quality t for me with embroidery on it, happy with the price.

Warren wanted to buy a jigsaw puzzle to replace one at our accommodation, he had done it and found three pieces missing. The Bounty store boasted on having whatever we wanted, well it was not wrong, biggest toy store that I have been in, it covered two blocks and had seperate rooms for different things. It was probably the size of four or five houses. He bought a 500 piece jigsaw for $9. They did tell us that they sold the cheapest Lego in the world and looking some of their stock, I could believe it.

Two well stocked shoe stores and I saw a lot of people going in so we went to,  Warren asked to see some walking shoes for me. He says I will need decent shoes to get to Cape York. No shoes in my size the ones I wanted but they did have a boot, perfect!


Less money than we had been looking at paying in Australia at DFO.

The reason things are cheaper is that due to funny rules, goods like toys, clothing and shoes are duty free. I have worn my boots once and they are very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment