Monday 21 June 2021

Wolfgang monument

 From Sapphire to Sarina, we went through only two towns, Rubyvale, 7 kms up yhe road and then Clermont about 20 minutes further on. 

I had seen that there was a cache at Wolfgang monument about 160 kms away, seemed an ideal spot for coffee. No facilities there except table and seats. It was at the top of a rise and we could see for miles. 

The blurb was interesting and gave info regarding the property, owners and the like. In 1946 it had been surrended to Government to grow food for Britain. What the? Didnt they realise how far away England was? It said the same on one of the plaques, still sounded like bull....... to me. It is now a mine, mining coal.

Anyway we enjoyed our coffee, found the cache and continued with me driving. An hour up the road, a vehicle with a flashing came towards me, usually they said wide load but this had something different. I slowed not sure what to expect, nothing happened, I had moved to the extreme left of tge road, then a cop car came with a red baton motioning me over. I pulled right off the road and stopped. Ten minutes before this massive vehicle came towards us, it was a bucket and covered both sides of the road.

The bucket heading for the mines.






No comments:

Post a Comment