Saturday 12 June 2021

Kuranda

 Its up in the hills from Cairns, very windy road to get there or there is the train or cable car, called sky rail.

We visited a few years ago by bus from Pt Douglas, started working out exactly when, still not sure but I was still working as a public servant. I retired from PS in 1996 so at least 25 years since we were last there.

Sky rail wasnt an option then. Not really me, being suspended metres up on a flipping cable but I knew Warren was keen so I gritted my teeth and said yes.

Warren suggestted it would be better to go up by cable car and down by train.


This is the take off, six to a car but we had one to ourselves. It rumbled or shuddered a bit everytime we past a pole. I wasnt that keen on that even though I knew that it was going to happen. Besides the start there were two other stations where we needed to get out, walk a little and then rejoin. Took about 40 minutes all up. The rain forest when we git out was incredible and great scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment