Thursday 19 March 2020

Remarkable Caves

We collected the hire car from the airport and drove away heading down to near Pt Arthur. The nearest cache was called 1.5 and it was just off the highway, it had several favourite points so we figured it would be worthwhile stopping. As the car drew near, there was a sign advising the grade was 1.5 so I thought (wrongly)that it would be on the back of the sign.

It was a further 10 metres away and was a small poly pipe with a toy car on one end and a push bike on the other, looking much the same as the road sign, cache was tucked up the pipe. It also got a fav pt from us and it meant we received our Tassie souvenir.

On to the cave through the rain. Very pretty place.
Then we walked down the steps, many of them. I got down half way and thought I was there but no, there were still more steps to go down. The steps were made of plastic squares so no slip thank goodness as it was raining and there were hand rails 
Our task was to discover who took the photos and how many squares were below our feet. We qualified for the smiley and then had to climb back up the steps and I hate steps! I am trying to push myself to not avoid steps/stairs. I did take longer to get back up and it was not that busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment