Friday 2 August 2019

Cooladdie

What a name for a place, just love it. Cooladdie was the only township between Charleville and Quilpie and where we stopped and got some lunch.
When I say township, there was a roadhouse which no longer has fuel but they did pretty good egg and bacon sandwiches.

I sent Warren in to get something for lunch while I got Lucy out and made coffee. Another guy pulled up in a4wd and cub camper almost tge same as ours. I assumed he was coming from Birdsville so I quizzed him about the roads. He said they were good on the way in but now on the way back, they were in a bad condition.

The flies were bad and we ended up eating our lunch in the car. On the way back to the car a mere 40 metres, poor Lucy started limping and we grabbed her opposite legs and took 8 or 9 three corner jacks from the pads of her feet.

After hearing about the roads, we decided that we would go on to Quilpie and then return.

No comments:

Post a Comment