Friday 7 December 2018

Christmas gifts

I had a couple of gifts to send for an online group that I am involved in. One was a secret santa and I was to send a small gift of approx $10 to that person. I was hoping that we would be given our person sooner rather than later mainly because of the post.

I had bought a Christmas jelly roll a few weeks ago for about $13. A jelly roll is used mainly for quilters, its a heap of fabric, mine had 10 different pieces. Each piece is cut into about 2 inches or 5 cms wide and 2 metres long. Although mine was 10 pieces there were two strips of each.

I bought it, my first jelly roll to make an advent calendar, I made two and there was still heaps left over and so I made two wall hangings, the backing was from a pair of curtains that I made and then replaced a few years later as the windows really needed heavier curtains.

I had bought a book to go with the wall hanger as both like to read.

Most of the stiching   was hand done which I did while watching  golf and cricket on the TV last weekend in the heat. Items were posted yesterday and thats my Christmas stuff all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment