Tuesday 4 December 2018

A little project

Earlier in the year, we exchanged our bed from a queen size to a king size one. When we went shopping for it, I saw one made up on the floor and it had a sign on it saying floor stock only one left and as such it was a discounted price.

Not one to shy away from a bargain I had a good look at it and it ticked several boxes. Had a head board but no foot board, our old bed did and several times we had walked into the corner of it so no foot board was a bonus.

The colour was good a dark but not too dark walnut and it had two drawers at the end of the bed.

Yep that was what I wanted.

Putting away winter clothes in my drawer at the bottom of the bed, Warren saw me grooping under the draw to pull it out, there is a small lip but it is right underneath, and he said, "That could do with a handle".

We had a couple of things to get at Bunnings yesterday and I remembered about the handles so we bought those as well. I figured that if we had them, it was closer to having them put on.

Working in my sewing room, I heard some noise but didnt know what it was until I was asked to come and comment.

Woohoo handles were on.
Cost? $5.45 each and a bit of time but will make opening the drawers much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment