Saturday 16 June 2018

London 6

Heading back to the tube station we see a cut price pharmacy advertising perfumes in particular. Warren suggested that I may be able to buy the perfume that I like and use sparingly as it is fairly expensive. Too expensive in my mind to use every day anyway. We had looked at duty free stores in Beijing airport but apparently the perfume house is only a small one and they dont carry it.

In we go, lots of cosmetics, I tried a lipstick and ended up buying it plus a small tube of toothpaste. Sounds silly but I have not been able to find toothpaste at home for smaller than 110gms. When we came home from New Zealand it was only carry on and we both had to ditch our toothpaste as they were over the 100gms limit.

Yay, they had my perfume, all perfumes were behind the front counter.

I was amused to see that while there were women assistants walking the floor, there were only men serving at the checkouts. All were dressed completely in black.

My whole order was £21, same size bottle of Lulu here at home is about $49 if I can find it.
Mission accomplished and we continued on to the station, had to go down two very steep escalators to get to the platform. My photo doesnt show how long it was as I had to get my phone out and ready first. Many people were walking down and up them, I was content to hold the rail and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment