Friday 19 February 2016

Maggie Beer's Farm Shop

We were only a few kilometres from here so we visited. Well, there were tasting of everything! Everything that was on the shelves to sell, had a small pot in front with either sticks or spoons to taste. One item had bread so that it could be dipped olive oil and then grains.

I had packed lunch but compared to what was on offer there, sandwiches didnt really cut it. We ordered a mushroom picnic set with an extra bread. It came in a small cane tray with two small wholemeal french sticks, mushroom pate, dukar? and a cheese. Oh my goodness it was good. Too good to even think about taking a photo.

There are two walks around the farm and we did both.
This is on the nature walk and the shop is in the back ground.
We came across these on the farm walk, these are breed for their colours.

We did have to tale home some produce, keeping in mind, my budget and space, we bought two lots of jam and two bottles of sauce to complement my cooking I hope. He chose Apricot jam and I chose raspberry and pomegranate, yum.

Warren says we will have my packed lunch for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment