Wednesday 10 February 2016

Birdwood National Motor Museum.

We couldnt go past this the other day. I was surprised at how big it was and the amount of cars and bikes that were displayed. I also loved the building that it used to be in which had been an old flour mill.

Inside the museum.
and the bikes
It reminded me of a Chinese shopping centre but these were all different. Warren went looking for his bike, didnt find it but did find a bike he was given a ride on, it was a 1100 something.  I remember him saying after the ride that it went from nothing to 70mph with no effort at all. Much bigger than anything he had ridden before or since.
I remember seeing this one one at the Olypmics, it was a real phone and the athletes could ring home for free.
There was also a pursuit car with Detroit Police Dept on it which seemed a little out of place until we read the info on it. Apparently the cars were designed and produced in Australia for the Northern American police force as they had a long wheel base, I did not know that. Strange that GMH would export cars to America but that was what it stated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment