Thursday 1 January 2015

New year's lunch

As we have been knocking around at home for the few days, I suggested taking a picnic to te bach for today's lunch. It was hot but not too hot. Warren agreed but suggested lunch at a cafe where we have been before to save me the hassle of preparing lunch.

Our Cafe was closed, how dare they take the holiday day off! There are lots of places to eat along the street as it is on the esplanade so we walked up the street a few metres and enjoyed a nice lunch at a different venue.

I had to laugh when my order came it looked so much like the lunch I prepared at home a few days ago. Turkish bread, lettuce, tomato and avocado, topped with smoked salmon and a drizzle of mayo on top. I had used mashed potato instead of avo.

Warren ordered his usual BLT which came with chips, I had not ordered chips with mine as I didn't like the scales this morning (they were probably quite relieved when I stepped off too). I know that I should have avoided the iced coffee that I had to go with my smoked salmon but it is a new year.

Salad for dinner tonight.

Bet wishes for 2015.


2 comments: