Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Rosie Project

I was given this book to read a couple of weeks ago being told that I would enjoy it. It sat on my bedside table for while as I always have a bag from the library to read and return.

Finally picked it up to read so that I could return it to its owner, oh my goodness what a great read!

Its called The Rosie Project written by Graeme Simsion and it is his first novel. He has written short stories, screen plays and non fiction before. He is based in Melbourne and it is sort of set around Melbourne although it could be set anywhere.

The blurb starts by saying "Don Tillman is getting married. He just doesn't know who to yet." He set out to find himself a wife/mate/partner and how he goes about it.

If you like Big Bang and the character Sheldon, then Don Tillman is a similar character and it is a good laugh, I really enjoyed it and if I see anything more from Graeme Simsion I will be reading that as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear another positive review of this book. I really must order it from the library! Good luck with your 2015 'no buying clothes' project. I am intending not to buy new for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki. I just finished reading that book also last week. Great read. I think there is a second volume out but not sure. John

    ReplyDelete