Monday 13 August 2012

Warren's birthday

We decided a couple of weeks ago to go into town for a nice lunch, a week later I realised that it would be his birthday. we delivered Aidan to school and went off to catch the train, It was a freezing day and we had light jackets on, luckily we had heavier jackets in the car so we changed into those. i drove and parked at the usual spot on top of the shopping centre giving us a ten minute walk. Got to town and we walked thru the mall and had coffee at yuppy place, they have brought out a menu so we decided to have fruit toast to share. It was cut in half and a real doorstop. Continued on to the river and caught a Cat and went all the way up, intending to have lunch at Riverside on the way back. It took longer than we thought but it was pleasant on the boat, we did go and stand out on the front for a little while and got windswept. Lunch time and we walked along the foreshore, heading to a seafood place which was up two stories, got up the stairs only to read that it was closed for a private function. Opposite was another place and the dishes started $25 and went up. warren said too bad its my birthday so lets blow the budget. Had to walk thru and down to the hosts desk, when Warren for a table for two, they said "Oh, you'll have to go on a waiting list" there were plenty of seats available. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 12.20 and we wanted to be back at the station by 1pm so said we didnt have time to wait. Visited DVA and was told that they were 8 weeks behind so that means I wont get my card in time to buy my meds cheaply before China. Dropped into a food court to grab something to eat and use the toilet, making a beeline for the station and Warren says we can turn here and go this way, it didnt seem right to me but I wasnt recognizing anything anyway so we did that, suddenly we were at Uni gates.  I saw a taxi rank and said we can grab one of those, his nibs were concerned about how we got there and the station wasnt far away. My concern was the time it was already 1.10 and we had to get a train back to Strathpine, walk to the car and then drive to the school. we got the taxi and were only five minutes late but the bus had been early. It was cold, lunch was awful, got lost, had fish and chips for dinner, boat ride was pleasant, that was the best part of the day. havent got Warren a pressie yet but told him that I will take him to Gold class movies next week. Yucky movies though, only one decent is the Sapphires and I want to see that but i should give him the choice shouldnt I?

No comments:

Post a Comment