Wednesday 2 January 2019

Spooky!

Came home from the tennis the other evening, made Lucy's dinner (she thought her throat had been cut as it was 5.30pm,her dinnertime is five o'clock).Made up a snack platefor myself then once we had both finished eating and had disgested a little I took her for a walk.
As she hadnt been for a walk in the morning, she almost pulled me down the hill.

I was in the kitchen shortly after getting back from our walk when I heard a strange noise. It sounded like a motor. I am not usually at home at night on my own but I figured it was something in the house but what?

Not the air con, that was on but a quieter noise, I put my ear near tge fridge, nope not that. I wondered if the fan in the bathroom was on, we had moved somethings in there earlier in the day. Nup, not that, coming past the linen cupboard, the noise was louder there and even more so when I opened the door.

Then I realised what it was but why or how come it was on was nobodys guess.
Years ago we bought a card shuffler, one of those must have gimmacky things, yes it shuffles cards but not that well. We used it a few times and then it became a kids toy. A couple of the grandkuds lived to play with it.

To my mind, it hasnt been touched for two or three years. At the weekend Ihad put some Christmas things on that shelf, I can only assume that something moved  slightly and the switch on the card shuffler was moved just enough to turn it on.

Disaster averted! Its very quiet in the house with just me and the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment