Wednesday 29 June 2016

Farm Stay at Roma

We had not done a farm stay before but this one came highly recommended via people on Wikicamps and they had two sites available so we went there.It was only five kilometres out of Roma and there was a roaring camp fire each night, it was quite cold when we were there.

Warren was suffering a cold and he stayed in bed while the other boys took in a movie and Sheridan and checked out the sights of Roma.

We visited the largest bottle tree in Australia with a circumverice of 9.5 metres! (Damn, cant spell this and google is not helpful, but the roundy bit of the tree was 9.5 ms). It was a big tree and very healthy looking. Just have to take my word as although we got out and walked around it, I didnt take any photos, too keen to get back in the car as it was freezing, coldest day recorded in several years and we are not used to the cold nor as we terribly prepared for it.(Still cold today and even though I am sitting outside in the sun, I know it is cold as my rings are running around on my fingers as I type)

We went to a couple of parks and walked around the Bush Garden, it was/had been a dam that the trains used to get water for when the line run steam trains. The sun had come out then so not so cold and a nice concrete path around it. The old train station lunch and then we hit the shops for last few items needed (like a long sleeved shirt, got a flanny for Warren).
Not sure if he had a name but he did like apples.
Owner's dog and there was a llama wandering around and several pea hens.
A fuel tank was being painted, I talked with the painter and he was retired and just doing it in his spare, it looked great. On the other side were horses and jockeys but this side was my favourite.




No comments:

Post a Comment