Sunday 17 April 2022

Kissing point Jezzine Barracks

 I spent a lot of time at Jezzine barracks when we lived in Townsville. Of course its all changed now as the barracks has been relocated to Lavarack barracks. It was an Army Reserve unit and we trained many new recruits there. I mainly worked in the office but did do one stint as an instructor, that was fun, I preferred teaching weapons more than drill.

I also did my subject two for Sargent at Jezzine, that was advanced clerical.

None of the buildings remain except the museum and a couple of wooden huts that were used as the Q store.

We did a nice walk, starting with a hundred or so stone steps, around, checking our some interesting spots and sculptures.


 The rising sun which is the emblem on much defence things.


Two cool owls on a sign post.

No comments:

Post a Comment