Thursday 28 January 2021

My Good Deed

 After I sorted out my "Fare evasion", I then walked to the shopping centre. It's about a km walk along a concrete path, thankfully it was cool as there is no trees for shade. As it had rained the night before, there was water in the drain which runs alongside the path.

Halfway and there were shopping trolleys lying in the drain, eight or nine of them, still shiny. I know that they are quite expensive for stores to buy and they had just been left. It was probably kid's riding in them and then threw them over the side when they got bored. For a fleeting moment, I considered collecting them, very fleeting.

Then I had a light bulb moment, at least three had Coles written on them and I had to go past Coles in the centre.

I went to the cigarette counter and informed them of the trolleys. The girl thanked me and said she would get the trolleys boys to collect them. Don't know if it did get acted upon but I felt that I had carried out a civic duty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment