Saturday 26 September 2020

Pt Douglas

 From Daintree village we drove to Pt Douglas about 70k, that was on my wish list as we had first visited there twenty seven years ago. It was our first holiday without kids. We must have been flush as we stayed at a resort. However, it was cold when we left Canberra and I tranvelled in a fleecy track suit.

My luggage didn't make it and as we were being collected by the resort bus for the two hour drive to Pt Douglas, we had to leave.

Trying to buy suitable clothes in a resort town was not easy or cheap. I did manage to buy a pair of black shorts and a flowing top with I lived in for the week, rinsing them out at night as we kept expecting my bag to turn up. 

Pt Douglas has all the shops you would want now, then there were several souvenir shops, couple of coffee cafes and that was it.

We had a barra burger and sweet potato chips, I should have taken a photo because the burger bun was black! Very tasty.

Went to the lookout and spoke to a marriage celebrant, her car was painted up advertising herself, she told us it was a wrap and cost her three thousand dollars.



No comments:

Post a Comment