Thursday 14 May 2020

Rice paper rolls

These were my favourites when we visited the P.o. Vietnam restaurant in China. I had bought the rice paper rolls some months ago but I was nervous about using them.

Decided to take the plunge. I had some prawns, spinach feta cheese sweet potatoes.

Took the papers out of the freezer and read the instructions.

Yea, I got this, so easy. Wet the rice paper in warm water until it was soft, then fill and roll it.
Look alright, these were the second ones with the prawns. Made four with spinach and feta.
 This was after they were cooked. The rice paper stuck to the steamer and ended up like this. I cooked the second lot by putting some baking paper in the bottom. Didn't make that much different. I served it up to Warren saying Maccas is a short drive away. We had burgers and chips for dinner. The rest of the rice papers have gone out. The use by date was Aug 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment