Saturday 3 November 2018

Parcel delivery on a Saturday!

Yep, thats right, I got delivery this morning.
I couldnt sleep the other night, brain is almost dormant all day, get to bed, read for awhile, turn out the light, suddenly brain starts working overtime. I solve most of the problems of the world and then some while I am lying awake.

Its annoying especially when I am tired. Anyway the other night, on facebook there was a suggestion to buy some clothes online. That sounded good as of course, one can never have enough clothes, right.

I had a lovely time choosing tops and shirts, some only to find that they didnt have them in my size and or colour but finally thirty minutes had lapsed and there were a few things in my shopping cart.

My phone was on the charge just by my bed and in it was my credit card, hah, didnt even have to get out of bed. Filling everything out, I dont buy much online and hadnt used this place before. All going swimmimgly until I got to my email address, then I got an error!

What the ? Double checked, yep, its right,  another reject. Only thing I could think of was my email is all lower case and apparently, they consider it invalid. Well, I was all geared up to buy a couple of new outfits so where else can I go to satisfy my need to spend money. Rivers for shoes as I didnt like the sandals that I bought a couple of years ago and had put them in the opp shop box.

Rivers it is and yes, they have more online than in their stores, well our local one anyway.
They didnt mind that my email address starts with a lower case letter. All done and I slept the rest of the night.

Next morning, there were two emails, one thanking me for joining, the other to tell me my order was being processed. Each day since an email has be sent advising me of the status of my order. Yesterday the email said it would be delivered that day, later another came in saying that unfortunately my order would not be delivered due to the volume of mail. I wasnt in a hurry, after all I only ordered it Tuesday night around midnight.

Nine oclock this morning a mail van pulls into the drive way, a delivery! On a Saturday, I questioned the driver, yep, he said from now til Christmas there would be Saturday deliveries to cope with the parcels.

Two pairs of three quarter pants, tried one on opps should have gone one size bigger. They looked the same except different colours then I see one was made in Bangladesh (that was the too small ones)the other pair were made in China, which fit well even a little bit on the big side. They are supposed to be the same size. The two tops fit well and dont need ironing and the shoes are comfy. However I will need to get used to the colour, instead of black, they are blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment